Search Engine Optimization for Plone-based sites
Search Engine Optimization - is an act of correcting a website to make it search engine friendly and in turn generate a more favorable position within the non-sponsored "natural" results of the search engines. While we also recommend sponsored listings, a better ranking in the natural results is typically your best investment in the long run. Websites that show up naturally do not have to pay for residual click-through fees. We strictly follow the guidelines given by Google, Yahoo and MSN and avoid techniques that are frowned upon such as hidden text, doorway pages, cloaking, re-directs, misleading keywords, mirrored sites, etc.
Search Engine Optimization Services
Quintagroup offers consulting in the following directions:
- Link management, improvement of linking on site.
- Using our Plone Search Engine Optimizer Plone product. How to use it to optimize original or custom Plone content types. Content Optimization include optimization of HTML and Meta tags. Creation of python scripts for mass editing of meta Titles. e.g. set meta Title to all blog entries as 'Page header', 'keyword phrase'.
- Blogging with Plone. Using our custom Plone Blog product to enhance visibility in search engines. How to use Plone Search Engine Optimizer to improve Plone Blog. How to use trackbacks in blogs.
- Using Plone Google Sitemaps product for broken urls management. Customization of Plone Google Sitemaps for search engine visibility improvement (Sitemap generation, fixing duplicated pages in Sitemap, Google pinging).
- Installation of Redirection tool product. Instructions how to use it if you move folders within website.
- Recommendations and instructions how to create short names titles, meta titles and short names.
- Creation of correct robots.txt file to disallow some pages like /html2pdf or /sendto_form.
Our support includes:
- Keyword Research
- Selection of keyword phrases for target website
- Link building services
- Link structure analysis
- Backlink (inbound links) analysis
- Site structure analysis
- Improve site architecture
- Improve URL's in website
- Duplicate content issues fixing
- Submition to Directories (e.g. Dmoz.org)
- Submition to search engines
- Google Analytics implementation
- Search engine index analysis
- Template & code analysis
Why do you need Plone SEO service?
SEO (search engine optimization) - is the process of analyzing the potential design of the site and problems for search engines indexing and positioning. In other words search engine optimization can make your web site and its content attractive, relevant and visible to search engines and web searchers.
Search engine optimization is a necessary part of any website trying to make money or attract attention online. According to studies made, most search engine users don’t click past the first three pages of search results; many don’t even click past the first page if they find what they’re looking for. As a result, if your site isn’t listed in the first three pages, it might as well be invisible.
How to be confident about your site being on the first pages in search results? Google ranks all the pages of your site, but how to be sure that everything works correctly? How to increase rank of the pages on your site?
Duplicate Content Issues
Analyse your site from the point of existing duplicate content issues. What are duplicate content issues? Duplicate content issues refer to substantive pieces of content within a site that either completely match other content or are appreciably similar. That means you site includes multiple URLs with same content, i.e. different URLs lead to the identical pages.
Google trashes all similar pages, not a single page from a bunch of near-duplicates survives. It seems like Google hates duplicated content so much, that it wipes it out completely, without preserving the source. As a result the rank of your site-pages will be far from high, and in search result your site will hardly be on any high position.
How to indicate whether there are or there are not duplicate content issues on your site?
Enter 'site:' and 'your site URL' in a Google search area, e.g: site:www.plone-site.com.
Search results will display you all the pages, that search engine sees available on your site. If you see more pages in the search results then there are in the site, that is a sign of existence of duplicate content issues.
One more sign is occurrence of such repetitions in URLs like:
That is the case when Search Engine Optimization needs to be taken into consideration.When done correctly, search engine optimization can bring people to your site that are actually looking for what you are offering.
Quintagroup offers a package of specially-developed Plone products that contribute to promoting your site, enhancing search engine visibility of your Plone site.
Free SEO Estimate
Contact us today for a free analysis of your specific industry (no cost or obligation) and we will offer you a realistic and conservative estimate of what our services can do for your company.