Plone Google Sitemaps
quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps allows Plone websites to get better visibility for Google search engine by providing it with complete listing of URLs to website content.
quintagroup.plonegooglesitemaps allows you to enable different kinds of Google Sitemaps on your Plone website. Such Sitemaps help Google to identify site URLs and the data under each site section. With Google Sitemaps enabled, search engines could track your Plone site URLs faster and more efficiently, optimizing their search by placing all the information on one page.
Google Sitemaps Types
With Plone Google Sitemaps product you can enable following Sitemap types on your Plone website. Different Sitemap types index their own content and do not depend on other Sitemaps.
- Content Sitemap - is a regular list of pages on your website. Creating and submitting such a Sitemap lets Google know about all the pages on your Plone web site, including URLs that may not be discoverable by Google's normal crawling process.
- Mobile Sitemap - is a specific type of Sitemap, that indexes all site URLs that serve content for mobile devices.
- News Sitemap - is different from regular Sitemaps, since it is specific to Google News only. It uses the Sitemap protocol, with additional News-specific tags, defined by Google.
To enable Google Sitemaps on your site:
- Add Sitemap(s) at Google Sitemap 'Settings' tab (Site Setup -> Add-ons Configuarion -> Google Sitemaps). This can be any of the Sitemap: content, mobile or news Sitemap.
- Let Google know about your Sitemap(s) by adding your Sitemap(s) to Google Sitemaps (Google Webmaster Tools).
See more detailed instructions on Plone Google Sitemaps usage here.
See installation instructions for Plone 3, 4 buildout and traditional Zope 2 instance in the Installation instructions section.
Supported Plone versions
- Plone 4.1
- Plone 4.0
- Plone 3.x
- Plone 2.x
- Myroslav Opyr
- Volodymyr Cherepanyak
- Andriy Mylenkyi
- Vitaliy Stepanov
- Mykola Kharechko
- Download releases from PyPi Plone Google Sitemaps project area. There are product releases for different Plone versions from Plone 2.0 to Plone 4.
- Get the latest development version from SVN repository
- See example of a live XML sitemap generated by Plone Google Sitemaps for cmspowered.info site
- See Documentation to read about product installation, upgrade, configuration and usage.
- Watch Plone Google Sitemaps screencast
- Post feedback about product in TalkQuintagroup Plone Forums