quintagroup.catalogupdater allows controlled ZCatalog object updating. It is intended for extending ZCatalog API with possibility to update selected columns only. This package registers 'catalog_updater' utility for that.
To simplify usage of the utility, quintagroup.catalogupdater extends GenericSetup's ZCatalog XMLAdapter handler, which allows to update attribute usage in column tag of catalog.xml file. So, when you add a new column to the catalog, you add catalog.xml file in some profile with following part:
column value="new_column" /
This adds new_column metadata to the portal_catalog, BUT, this metadata will be empty untill you rebuild the catalog. To automate this step you can add 'update="True"' attribute to the tag. And this will lead to column update after adding. Thus, result usage should look like this:
column value="new_column" update="True" /
This packages also supports subtransactions, based on threshold property of ZCatalog.
Supported Plone versions
- Plone 3.x
- Plone 4.0
- Download releases from plone.org quintagroup.catalogupdater project area
- Download eggs and find package installation instructions at PyPI quintagroup.catalogupdater project area
- Get the latest development version from SVN repository
- Follow Plone Product Installation Tutorial
- Submit tickets to Issue tracker
- Post feedback about product in TalkQuintagroup Plone Forums