Plone RSS2Syndication (qRSS2Syndication) is a product designed by Quintagroup to generate RSS2 feeds in Plone sites.
qRSS2Syndication includes support of audio and video feeds. qRSS2Syndication allows the syndication of ATAudio objects, mp3, wmv, ppt, jpg files using RSS 2.0 with enclosures.
- Can be used to enhance default RSS support in Plone
- Allows input number of items per RSS2 feed (default Plone RSS shows all items)
- Include subfolders option allows generate RSS feed of all items in subfolders.
- It generates RSS2 feed from Plone content like News, Pages, Events or any other content types. RSS2 feeds include links, images, etc.
- Syndication of ATAudio objects, mp3, wmv, ppt, jpg files using RSS 2.0 with enclosures.
- Enables podcasting with Plone
- "Setup RSS2" tab for every feed
- Install as Zope product
- Install in your Plone instance with QuickInstaller (Plone Control Panel -> Add/remove Products)
- Login to ZMI. Enable syndication on your Plone site.
Select portal_syndication -> Actions tab -> select Visible checkbox to enable Syndication tabs -> Save
Select portal_syndication -> Properties tab -> Enable syndication
- Login to Plone. Go to the folder which contains the audio/video files you want to Podcast
Select Syndication tab -> Enable Syndication
- Select content types for your feed in Setup RSS2 tab.
- Now you will see an orange icon that appears next to the email and print icons. This is the RSS 2.0 link that you use to subscribe from your RSS reader.
Supported Plone version
- Volodymyr Cherepanyak
- Andriy Mylenkyi