quintagroup.plonecomments is a Plone product developed to improve the site managers and editors experience with standard commenting mechanism in Plone.
Plone Comments functionality allows to:
- notify site administrator about new comments posted
- moderate & approve comments
- anonymous commenting
- edit existing comments
- add Name field to the comment form, that is required for anonymous comments
- notify article author about new comments approval by the reviewer
- manage list of recent comments for more comfortable moderation
Plone Comments configlet allows to:
- turn on/off Moderation
- turn on/off Manager notification
- turn on/off Editor notification
- turn on/off Anonymous Commenting
- configure admin e-mail for notifications
- configure notification subject
Comments moderation is implemented with involvement of two stage workflow. Comments are created in a 'private' state and are visible only to DiscussionManager group of users.
To differentiate between logged-in (registered) commentators and Anonymous commentators we use Boldness of name. The Comment author is in bold when posted by logged in member. The names of Anonymous commentators are in plain text.
Notification subject control allows to enter custom prefix to distinct notifications coming from different sites.
The following is one of possible Use Cases. Condition: Moderation is enabled and authors notification is turned on.
- New comment is posted in a private state
- Notification is sent to the emails entered in Plone Comments configlet
- Moderator User with DiscussionManager role sees the comment
- The comment can be deleted or published on moderation stage
- When comment is published notification is sent to Article Editor
See installation/uninstallation instructions for Plone 3, 4 buildout and traditional Zope 2 instance in the quintagroup.plonecomments documentation section.
Supported Plone versions
- Plone 4.0
- Plone 3.x
- Plone 2.x
- Volodymyr Cherepanyak
- Andriy Mylenkyi
- Download releases from plone.org Plone Comments project area
- Download eggs from PyPi Plone Comments project area
- Get latest development version from SVN repository
- Read Documentation repository
- Follow Plone Product Installation Tutorial
- Submit tickets to Issue tracker
- Watch Plone Comments Screencast
- Post feedback about product in TalkQuintagroup Plone Forums