This package provides TinyMCE visual editor support for embed.ly service: videos, images and other rich media files can be inserted to Plone from different services through one API.
There are more than 200 services that support embed.ly service. These are such video sharing sites as Youtube, Blip.tv, Vimeo; such audio streaming services as Grooveshark, SoundCloud, last.fm; such image/photo stocks as Flickr, such documents sharing services as Scribd, SlideShare, Issuu; and many other: GoogleMaps, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The approach here is to use the Transform machinery to replace the URL with embed code by calling the embed.ly API. collective.embedly package was developed by Quintagroup for Plone collective, sponsored by Headnet company.
To embed media from the embedly-supported external resource to Plone:
- Register in the embedly service. Upon completing sign up, you'll be provided with the API key. Copy and insert it into API Key field of Embedly settings (add /@@embedly-controlpanel to the site address).
- Go to the page's edit form, select a piece of text (TinyMCE makes the whole passage linked, so keep in mind that the whole passage will later be substituted with embedded media.) and click "Insert/Edit Embedly link" on the TinyMCE toolbar.
- In the popup window type in the URL of the object. You may click "Preview" to make sure the link is correct. Then click "Insert". You may customize video parameters (e.g. maxheight, maxwidth, autoplay) using Advanced settings tab.
- Save this page. Now when rendered, there will be "preview" from embed.ly service inserted instead of the linked text.
Supported Plone version
- Plone 4.0
- Learn How to embed video, photo and other media to Plone via embedly service
- Download latest releases from PyPi
- Get latest development version from collective.embedly GitHub repository
- Read collective.embedly Documentation repository
- Post feedback about product in TalkQuintagroup Plone Forums
- Submit ticket to Issue tracker