Web Design FAQ
- What can a website do for me?
- Why does it matter how it looks as long as it works?
- I don't think a website will do anything for me, am I right?
- I have heard that my website can be a place to help my employees do their jobs, is this true?
- So, I want to establish a strong presence on the Web. But where do I start?
What can a website do for me?
The answer to this question is neither short nor easy. With a little research and thought you can find hundreds of reasons, but there are a few general statements that may help you realize your needs. First a website can reach millions of people that might not otherwise be available. Second, customers can view products, services, or whatever you want to share from the comfort of their own home. No matter what type of business you are in, their are ways to grow and make money on the web for you.
Why does it matter how it looks as long as it works?
When you recieve a visitor to your site, they will instantly percieve the quality of your services or products. The first impression a customer or potential customer gets depends on the appearance of your website. A visitor will be interested and explore your site if it is appealing and easy to navigate. You are marketing yourself and your business to the world over the Internet and it is important to show your best.
I don't think a website will do anything for me, am I right?
No, many people overlook the various products, services, or business processes they can include on a website. Any communication or interactions that happen within your business can be made easier and more effecient by the web. Your business will save money and time while appealing to a much greater audience, the world.
I have heard that my website can be a place to help my employees do their jobs, is this true?
While most businesses view the Internet as an opportunity to expand their sales through traditional e-commerce, few people are aware of the opportunities of increasing efficiency and reducing expenses. Placing business processes, especially those done daily, on the internet is possible for all types of businesses.
So, I want to establish a strong presence on the Web. But where do I start?
The four easy steps we provide below will guide you in the direction of a professionally designed, developed and marketed Web site.
- Step One: Domain Name (URL) Registration -- This is the address people will use to access your Web site (www.yourcompany.com). Once you have determined that the URL you wish to use is available, the cost to register a name is anywhere from $8.00 to $35.00 per year. A domain name needs to be renewed every year.
- Step Two: Design of the Web Site -- This is where the look, feel, and content of the Web site are determined and created.
- Step Three: Hosting Your Web Site on a Web Server -- This is basically where you rent space on a computer that is always connected to the Internet. Price will vary, depending on the amount of disk space you will have and the connection to the Internet.
- Step Four: Marketing Your Web Site -- You should be thinking about the marketing of your Web site as it is being designed. The content of the site needs to reflex the search terms if you want your site to appear on search engines.