JSON for the Web data interchange
Alternative to XML
One of the main functions of JSON is to transmit data between web application and server.The standard is quick and clean, so it is logical that JSON becomes more and more popular among Web Service providers and starts to replace XML as more productive and more useful.
There are several reasons for this adoption, because JSON:
- is more suited to data-interchange;
- has smaller grammar and is shorter in writing;
- is quicker to read and write both for humans and machines;
- enriches data by providing structure;
- is easy to process as data is more standard;
- enables users to move their data between similar applications;
- is easy to convert from XML;
Though it is true, that not all need XML’s complexity and markup vocabulary, XML still has its niche in Web Services and can’t be replaced that easily. But if you need simple data structures and a compact data exchange format, it is simple to convert XML into JSON and make your web project more flexible and up-to-date.
Contact Quintagroup to receive solution or assistance for your project based on this technology.