quintagroup.portlet.cumulus is a Plone product that allows you to add tag cloud portlets to your Plone site.
Your site's tags (content categories are used as tags) are displayed using a Flash movie that rotates them in 3D. It works just like a regular tags cloud, but is more visually exciting. This is the WordPress WP-Cumulus plugin ported to Plone as a portlet.
When you add this portlet anywhere in the site it will display all site's tags. If you have QuillsEnabled product installed, this portlet will display only blog's tags when rendered inside blog.
quintagroup.portlet.cumulus can be installed in the same way as other packaged for Plone. See Installation instructions.
- On the page you want to add such portlet go to portlet management area and select Tag Cloud (cumulus) portlet from Add portlet... drop-down menu
- Provide your own values for portlet configuration
- Save changes
- The portlet will now display a cloud of keywords/tags used on your Plone site.
NOTE: Click the screenshot to see Cumulus portlet in action.
Cumulus Portlet options
It is possible to set cumulus portlet options so that it fits your site design, color scheme etc.:
- Width and height of the flash tag cloud portlet
- Smallest and largest tag size
- Main and optionally second color of the tags for creating multi-colored tag cloud
- Optional highlight color when mouse is over it and background portlet color
- Transparent or compatibility mode
- Rotation speed
Supported Plone versions
- Plone 4.1
- Plone 4.0
- Plone 3.x